Pages

September 25, 2012

Under My Skin at the Pasadena Playhouse

This was by far one of the funniest plays i've seen. I received tickets for Under My Skin showing at the Pasadena PlayhouseThe cast was small with members playing numerous roles (not surprising) but the way they transitioned the characters was what made it humorous. Even though it was a fun play, there was a message behind it and with all the political events happening right now, it was a good topic to attack. 





I applaud the talented cast and their ability to portray the characters in such an animated manner. "Nanette" was definitely my favorite character! The set and the costumes were very fitting and impressive as well. Definitely go watch this play! You'll have a great time working out the abs from laughing so much! I highly recommend getting tickets and take a date to see this.

Cheese plate with our wine (Photo by Gurl in LA)

I've been to the playhouse a few times and have always enjoyed it. From the nice little courtyard outside to the nice people who worked there. There are plenty of restaurants nearby to grab a bite and drink before or after the show. I just happen to stop in at the Monopole Wine next door, a small boutique wine shop with an impressive offering of wines from numerous regions. The Mister and I stopped in for a quick wine tasting at $10 for 3 tastings of their choice. On this day, it was a selection of whites. We paired it with a plate of selected cheese and bread for another $8. Not too bad for a quick snack before a show. 

No comments:

Post a Comment