Pages

January 23, 2012

Why Now?

So I've decided to start a blog. I've owned a blog before, on a different subject matter, but my full time and a second part time job kept me from maintaining it. So it went to blog heaven.  That was 5 years ago and now I've decided to start a new blog on something that I feel is interesting enough for someone to read. For the past few 6 years, I've been an avid Yelp user; reading reviews, writing reviews and attending Yelp events.  I have over 500 reviews to this date and as you can see, I've made my mark in numerous cities across the U.S. I became Yelp Elite in 2009 (let's hear the "ooohs"and "aahhs"), and with that status I was able to contribute my insights and opinions based on my experiences at various events and venues.  Since then, my presence in the Yelp community has brought many opportunities in the social media world within the food and events arena.

My yelp profile (Photo by Gurl in LA)


Having had a very busy 2011 with organizing my first 4SQDAY event, a Runkeeper event, two Foodspotting events, being a bridesmaid in a wedding, traveling to Hawaii for the first time, to name a few, looking back on it my list of events and places I visited, I wish I could have written about it. For several years, I've been approached by many of my friends who often read and comment on my Facebook posts with "You are all over the place!" or "You're always doing something cool!" I never really felt that my life was that exciting but apparently it's enough to get people to read and talk about it.      I keep myself so busy that my friends often "book" me months in advance (as they say) because I'm always filling my calendar with events.  Even now being in a relationship, the Mister at times complains how he doesn't get enough sleep anymore because I keep him so busy now. Do I feel bad? Nah! He came into this relationship knowing exactly what my lifestyle was like, although, I have calmed down quite a bit.

Just a sample snapshot of my busy calendar (Photo by Gurl in LA)

With this said, I will end this blog by welcoming my future readers and hope that you will find my experiences informative.


No comments:

Post a Comment