Pages

November 28, 2012

At The Pool Launch Party


I was introduced to At The Pool during Social Media Week in L.A. back in September, even though there are already numerous social networking sites out there, the name drew me in, plus I've always enjoyed being an early adopter of anything that could potentially become significant.  So I jumped in....feet in first! After setting up my profile, selected my interests and preferences, I was ready to meet "extraordinary people".

At The Pool Launch Party (Photo by Gurl in LA)


What is At The Pool anyway? Well, it's sort of a social matchmaker. With the information you provide in your profile, they will match you people with similar interests...and there are tons to choose from.  Every day it will match you with someone who it thinks might interest you to strike up a conversation. You can choose to have those matches delivered to you daily or occasionally.  Don't worry, no creepers around here.  Most of those I have met via my social matches do share the same interests as me and are fun to chat with.

Blue Wave Cocktail (Photo by Gurl in LA)

Last night, I had the opportunity to attend their launch party hosted in the beautiful offices at  Clearstone Venture Partners in the heart of Santa Monica.  The theme was, well obviously, "At The Pool", everything was covered with blue depicting the water, lots of beach balls, sunglasses and water toys that reminds you of where you really shouldn't be in the middle of winter, but then again this is Southern California. Delicious hors d'oeuvres was catered by My World on a Plate and free following drinks with your choice of Stacked Wines or the party's own signature cocktails Blue Margarita or Blue Wave (made with vodka) by Los Osuna.  Photobooth provided by PhotoBoxi, there was even free caricature drawings by a fabulous artist named "David".

Photobooth by Photoboxi (Photo by Gurl in LA)

There were a variety of profiles in attendance including startups, venture captitalists, media, technies, social networkers. After attending quite a few of these social functions with the Mister as my guest, I realized that his common but handsome looks has been quite the ice breaker for meeting new people.  People have often approached him indicating that he looks like someone they knew, a DJ or a bartender. Last night was no different as he was approached by a friendly gentleman named Chris, who has a startup called ViralMusicVideo.com, his wife happens to be a lawyer specializing in startups. What a lovely couple they were! After spending quite some time conversing with them, we realized how many recreational interests we had in common. So in this case, our meeting "offline" took a little more time than it would have reading their profiles on At The Pool. Nevertheless, it was a great time.

Desserts by My World on a plate (Photo by Gurl in LA)

If you would like to join At The Pool and meet some really cool people, feel free to use my invite link.

No comments:

Post a Comment